Startup Entrepreneur Stress Management
Entrepreneurs are so passionate about what they are creating — and often, so fearful of letting their team and investors down — that they will do almost anything to realize their startup’s potential. Entrepreneurs forgo sleep, friendships, family relationships, exercise, and good nutrition for their startups. This startup-above-all-else approach can lead to chronic stress, which wreaks havoc on entrepreneurs’ physical and mental health. It’s a stressful job that can create emotional turbulence.
It is hence necessary to manage this stress so that entrepreneurs can be more productive and succesful.
Different strategies recommended by therapists:
- Paying attention to body stress signals
- Dealing with the stress head on
- Taking systematic breaks
- Adopting a healthy lifestyle
- Trying to achieve healthy work-life balance
- Keeping perfectionism in check
- Delegating to reduce your workload
- Finding people you trust and confiding in them
- Commiting to vacation time